James P. McGuire, Attorney at Law
Attorney James P. McGuire attended Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska where he earned his bachelor of science degree. Upon earning his undergraduate degree, he went on to earn his juris doctor from Creighton University School of Law. Attorney McGuire holds numerous memberships to professional associations including the American Association for Justice, the Iowa Association of Justice, the Iowa State Bar Association and the Board of Governors of the Iowa Academy of Trial Lawyers.
Attorney McGuire practices personal injury law throughout Mason City and Cedar Rapids, Iowa. With decades of experience under his belt, he gladly accepts a full range of personal injury cases ranging from motor vehicle accidents to dog bites, nursing home abuse, slip & fall accidents, and wrongful death claims. He also accepts all forms of premises liability cases such as those that occur on residential or commercial property, as well as product liability claims involving dangerous drugs, dangerous tools, or even defective automobile parts or dangerous toys. He is extremely well-versed in medical malpractice cases and these include those involving birth injuries, ER malpractice, pharmacy errors and surgical errors among other forms of medical malpractice.
When attorney McGuire isn't negotiating settlements or in the courtroom before a jury, he can be found enjoying spending time with his family, watching sports or he can be found out on the golf course, all of which are his favored pastimes.
- Creighton University; Bachelor of Science
- Creighton University School of Law; Juris Doctor
- United States District Court in the Northern Division and Southern Division of Iowa
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- State and all District Court and the Supreme Court of Iowa
Memberships and Professional Associations:
- Fellow, Iowa Academy of Trial Lawyers (membership by invitation only)
- Currently member of the Board of Governors of the Iowa Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Member of the American Association for Justice (formerly known as the Association of Trial Lawyers of America)
- Member of the Iowa Association of Justice (formerly known as the Iowa Association of Trial Lawyers)
- Former member of the Board of Governors of the Iowa Trial Lawyers Association
- Iowa State Bar Association
- District and Local Bar Associations
Contact Personal Injury & Medical Malpractice Lawyer James P. McGuire